40+ years of history and unfailing ambition
The BMMA was created in 1971 at the behest of Jean Quatresooz and Dan Cukier.
Since its earliest days, the BMMA has sought to be the ideal forum for promoting encounters and exchanges of information relating to all aspects of management, communication and marketing, as well as to making these sectors more professional.
Hugues Rey (Chief Executive Officer Havas Media Group Belgium) became the 5th President of the Association on 18th December 2018.
He succeeds only 4 presidents who have gone before him:
- Jean Quatresooz, President – founder of INRA (Europe), from 1971 to 1993.
- Philippe Biltiau, Consultant Marketing and Professor at the Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management, from 1993 to 2000.
- Freddy Tacheny, CEO Zelos, from 2001 to May 2013.
- Yves Gérard, (General Manager of RMB), from May 2013 to December 2018.
A few figures:
The Association has 500 members from the world of marketing and management.
Since 1971, the Association’s flagship events have been the dining debates organised ten times a year. Over the course of nearly fifty years, 475 lunches/talks have been held for over 45,000 participants.
More than 3,000 people have attended our training courses (short-cycle courses and the Executive Master’s in Digital Marketing and Communication). And our theme-based days and cycles of several sessions have attracted in excess of 2,000 attendees.
- March Lunch - Yvan Verougstraete